Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default (phew)...Ok, so if I want an 80 gal tank (not tankless),suggested brands?

On Apr 10, 4:59*am, "Thomas G. Marshall"
. com wrote:
Ok, well having accidentally ignited what apparently is a chronic and highly
thermal debate on tank vs. tankless, let's say for the moment that I am sold
on the tank option.

For a gas supplied house (from town, not a propane tank), are there any
particularly good brands suggested in the 60 to 80 gal range?

Any brands to stay away from is also appreciated information.

Thanks!!!

AO Smith has a commercial condensing line, Cyclone, with scale
cleanout panel, they cost alot, my last AO lasted 25 years. The
Cyclone is 93-96% efficent but EF rating is only fair, I have a 90
gallon AO for 14 units, You need recovery as in btu so an 80 gallon
would be to much. But at $2000+ its a bite. Contact AO for their
input.