Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] nmbexcuse@hotmail.com is offline

Default 5 gang mud ring for 1/2" depth

On Apr 9, 11:49 pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Apr 9, 11:09 pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:

Not easy to do at this point, the box has been mounted with many pipes going
in, I would have to adjust over a dozen 1/2 and 3/4 EMT pipes to just shift
the box. I have two five gang boxes.

Is that code where you are - you have to use EMT for _all_ of the
wiring? Ouch.

No not required. The house was constructed mostly with commercial
methods. All wirings were in EMT. I have been using mostly EMT where
I am "tieing in", in walls. In the attic I have been using EMT only
to run to the boxes, then from there MC cables to the actual lighting
devices or fans. A few romexes not much.

After the electricians are done then I am going to wire the low
voltage, cat5, coax and phone myself, those I will run "free-willy"
style.

MC