Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default How to remove a small tree

On Apr 10, 1:26 pm, "desgnr" wrote:
I have a 6' tall evergreen tree i want to remove.
I used a circular saw to cut down the branches.
Right now it is about 2' high & i tried to dig the remaining part out.
I am getting nowhere because the roots look like 2" in diameter & the tree
wont budge when i push on it.
I can't get the saw under to cut the bottom off.
How can i remove it ?

A circular saw is a very bad choice for that application. If that
things kicks back while you're stooped over and it hits your leg and
severs your femoral artery you'll be bleed out and be dead within a
minute or two. It happens and a stupid tree isn't worth that risk.
You'd do better to use a small hatchet or even some long handled
loppers to cut the roots. Keep digging.