Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Removing stains from old plastic countertop

wrote in message
I live in a rented house where the plastic countertop (probably from
the 70's and 80's)
is badly stained. The landlord will not replace it. I was wondering if
I could somehow clean it.
Regular cleaners including comet cleanser doesn't do much. I was
wondering if using an orbital buffer would be more effective
especially with a more abrasive cleanser.
Can anyone recommend something more abrasive than comet for my
application?

Clensers like comet will take the finish off whatever you use them on. My
recommendation for your problem is Barkeeper's Friend. It is a polishing clenser
with bleaching additions.