Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_6_] SteveB[_6_] is offline

Default Built in microwave installation

"Roy Starrin" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 01:34:44 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

We've had a MW over our range for over 20 years now. None of the problems
Steve points out have occurred to us. Surprisingly, cleaning is not a big
deal.

Is that our first choice? No, but we don't have enough counterspace
otherwise. Works for us, may or may not for you.

Amen! Mine works well also. Seems strange that they would come
approved for that use, with connection (as a replacement) to the vent
hood system, and lights to illuminate the cooktop, if they should
"never" be installed in that mode.
Can things go wrong? Of course. But anecdotal evidence is never
proof of anything except to the folks involved in the case. Cite me a
study with statistical proof, and I, for one, will be happy to
reconsider.

I wonder just how many of these are not even vented to the outside. I"ve
seen plenty. The suction just picks the smoke up and returns it to the
room, in most cases blowing it right back at the cook for inhalation. Can
you put a microwave over a stove? Certainly. Would I do it? No.

All life is choices. Remember clear plastic furniture covers? Carpet
runners? Things one person HAD to have, and another would never own?

Choices.

Please read the part where I just stated the down sides, and where I said
that every person can and will do what THEY want. Some people do it and
wind up with an ooey gooey mess in ten years. Others don't.

Steve