Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default $4 dollar gas and its effects on metalworking

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:24:23 -0500, cavelamb himself
wrote:
snip
In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

I'd be willing to accept a buck a gallon raise for a decent health
care package. I don't use 100-300 gallons per month. (single)

snip
starting a rerun of a previous thread

One of the major problems is that the US citizens are *ALREADY*
paying for universal single payer health care based on the
fraction of GDP we spend. Indeed we spend about 50% more as a %
of GDP than the other nations that have such care such as the UK,
Canada, France, etc.

The problem is that much of this is "overhead" with no
relationship to providing medical care. Indeed, we appear to be
spending more money denying medical care than what it would cost
to just go ahead and provide it. And then there are the
multimillion dollar bonuses for the executives of the HMOs who's
main function is to deny healthcare...

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
He that will not apply new remedies,
must expect new evils: