Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Starrin Roy Starrin is offline

Default Built in microwave installation

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 01:34:44 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

We've had a MW over our range for over 20 years now. None of the problems
Steve points out have occurred to us. Surprisingly, cleaning is not a big
deal.

Is that our first choice? No, but we don't have enough counterspace
otherwise. Works for us, may or may not for you.

Amen! Mine works well also. Seems strange that they would come
approved for that use, with connection (as a replacement) to the vent
hood system, and lights to illuminate the cooktop, if they should
"never" be installed in that mode.
Can things go wrong? Of course. But anecdotal evidence is never
proof of anything except to the folks involved in the case. Cite me a
study with statistical proof, and I, for one, will be happy to
reconsider.