Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Craig M Craig M is offline

Default (phew)...Ok, so if I want an 80 gal tank (not tankless), suggested brands?

I would stay away from any that say "self cleaning" what they do is stir up
the gook in the bottom of the tank and send it through your water lines to
every fixture that uses hot water, cloging up areators and strainers on
water inlets on washing machines and dishwashers, ect.
"Thomas G. Marshall" . com
wrote in message news:HxlLj.6138$N62.4105@trndny07...

Ok, well having accidentally ignited what apparently is a chronic and
highly thermal debate on tank vs. tankless, let's say for the moment that
I am sold on the tank option.

For a gas supplied house (from town, not a propane tank), are there any
particularly good brands suggested in the 60 to 80 gal range?

Any brands to stay away from is also appreciated information.

Thanks!!!