Posted to alt.home.repair
Jrludi Jrludi is offline

Default What determines how many amps you have?

I want to thank everyone that responded to this post! I had no idea
there would be so much involved. Like I said, this is a very old house
and it has NO main breaker. The power comes down to the meter on the
outside and from there runs into the basement where it goes into
several different boxes. It's very hard to trace what's going where.
Some of the original wiring is still present in the house, in one of
the upstairs bedrooms there is an outlet that has one round, sideways,
recepticle, and another bedroom still has a pushbutton lightswitch. I
think I'm gonna end up calling an Electrician for this one. Thanks
again!