Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_6_] SteveB[_6_] is offline

Default Built in microwave installation

"Carly" wrote in message ...

"SteveB" wrote in message

"Charlie Bress" wrote in message
. ..
What is the accepted minimum distance between the bottom of a built in
micro to the top of the range cooking surface below?

ZERO. NADA. ZIP. POCHOSKI.

Never ever mount a microwave over a stove. Reasons: You are boiling a
big kettle of menudo on the burner. Now, you gonna stick your private
parts close to that boiling pot to put the marinara sauce in the
microwave and risk being a soprano the rest of your life?

Nonsense...... here's a link for you

http://tinyurl.com/8thbh

I'm sorry, but my mind is already made up. I'm sixty years old. I've been
cooking 52 years. I've built five houses and done renovations and remodels
that we don't have time for here.

My experience and observations in countless situations is not nonsense.
Things happen in life. I've seen a lot of them. I've done a lot of them.

My whole point was to inspire thought, which I seem to have done. Having
done that, I'm happy. Maybe I can save someone a trip to the burn unit.

Ever been there? Silly stupid human tricks that not one patient would have
thought would have ever happened.

Proceed with your Pollyannish life and perhaps you will be lucky and never
run into a bad accident. For those of us who've seen bad things happen to
good people, please do not bore me with a psychobabble approach of labeling
my experience "nonsense".

No one here is required to take any of my advice, opinions, or experiences
to heart. I do not rule the world, and can be wrong. I don't label other
people's advice, opinion, or experience as "nonsense" because it is real and
they lived it.

That's why people buy insurance and why there are funeral homes.

**** happens no matter how careful we are.

Even you if you live long enough.

Steve