Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Gorilla Tape

On Apr 9, 3:29*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 21:03:28 -0800, "SteveB"

wrote:

"Red Green" wrote in message
"SteveB" wrote in
:

"Red Green" wrote in message
"SteveB" wrote in news:nkhtc5-bd72.ln1
@news.infowest.com:

Any good?

Steve

You actually have a gorilla to tape up?

For fun, I actually prefer double face carpet tape. *Avoid areas with
hair unless you like a lot of screaming. *Yer welcome. *Have fun.

Steve

Around here in Ft Bragg they tape up the "new guys" as a welcome. That
tape is sticky. Probably cost us more than you wanna spend.

Gorilla tape or double face? *I worked conventions for years and years.
Double face was available for the taking, and copious amounts were thrown
away. *Now that I don't work there any more, I am finding out what it really
costs.

What I miss most is "gaffer tape." *I taped down electrical extensions in my
garage that are five years old now, and look new. *Don't know what that
stuff is, but it is GOOD. *Didn't get a lot of it, as the stagehands were
pretty picky about the stuff. *I can see why. *Good ****.

I also miss the copious amounts of 2" clear tape that was left laying
around. *When we cleared the floor, it was sinful the stuff we just piled up
to go to the dumpsters. *In the old days, we could take a lot of stuff. *At
the end, you weren't supposed to take anything that wouldn't fit in your
lunch box. *If you had some juice, though, you could get some bigger
"stuff". *Carpet pieces, parts of displays, items exhibitors had sold to
you, etc. *Like anywhere, it was who you knew.

Steve

I worked for a rock band years ago, doing sound and lighting. *Our
"gaffer tape" was just plain duct tape. *I never knew there was a
difference. *The duct tape held the cords to the floor and stuff like
that, yet it came off fairly easily when the concert was over. *You
now got me asking what actual "gaffer tape" is? *What does it look
like, what color is it, etc.? *

I recently saw gorilla tape in the store. *Never tried it. *I thought
that too was just another name for duct tape. *They also sell gorilla
glue.....- Hide quoted text -

Ya know, people complain when someone suggests Google as an answer to
a question. They sarcastically ask "What do we need newsgroups for if
Google has the answer to everything?"

I tend to agree, for the most part. A newsgroup offers so much more
detail, opinion and real-life experience than a simple Google search
would.

But I gotta say, a question like "What is gaffer's tape?" just screams
Google at me! I've heard of it all my life, but never knew what it
was.

Now I do.