Posted to alt.home.repair
al al is offline

Default I don't want a pool

On Apr 9, 6:19 pm, wrote:
I don't know why people jump to the conclusion that a pool
automatically means the house is going to cost $20K more. In most of
the USA, particularly northern climates, when you add a pool, you may
not get anything back when you sell it. Or, in some cases, it can
actually hinder the sale. For example, families with small children
may be reluctant to buy it.

If you're satisfied with the house and price, the pool certainly can
be removed. If the pool has a concrete deck around it, I would demo
that. For the pool itself, I'd get rid of just the top foot, punch
holes in the bottom, then use clean fill, followed by topsoil.

Thanks.

Actually both houses are bank owned and selling at substantial
discounts to comparable properties, without pools, in their respective
areas.