Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Dropping the monitoring of the home alarm?

On Apr 9, 1:35*pm, Mike wrote:
My wife is looking for ways to cut some expenses out of our family
budget, and she has suggested that we drop the monitoring of our home
alarm system. *She got the idea from a friend of ours who has done the
same at his small business. *If his alarm starts going off in the
middle of the night, then it will continue to sound until he shows up
the next morning. *I wouldn't say we live in a extremely high-crime
area, but we do live in the suburbs of a city where there is a good
deal of crime. *Any of you folks going "unmonitored" out there??

Thanks....

Mike

P.S. *Our alarm system consists of sensors on all doors, a motion
detector on the main floor, and a smoke alarm (we have several battery-
operated smoke detectors, too).

And a fire will be not notified as fast , or ever.