Posted to alt.home.repair
crabshell crabshell is offline

Default woodworking/millwork question

Smitty Two wrote in
news
In article ,
Crabshell wrote:

Can anyone tell me if a professional woodworking shop can rip a piece
of wood measuring 9" x 2" x 8' down to a 9" x .75" x 8'? Does this
type of rip have a unique name?

Thanks!

I'm still wondering why you're buying 8' if you only need 17". Don't
you have a hardwood guy in town? An unassuming shed on a back street
with no sign, full of exotic woods from all over the world? He should
have a short piece of it around, or be willing to cut you one. Maybe
has the 1 x stock to save you the resaw effort, too.

I need 24 of these babies, plus backer plates for mounting, plus some other
doodads, and no I haven't found a source in Dallas of all places.