Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default woodworking/millwork question

dpb wrote:
Dave Bugg wrote:
dpb wrote:
Dave Bugg wrote:

It's easy enough to do on a tablesaw. I wouldn't do it on a
bandsaw.
It's far more difficult on a ts than bs (of adequate capacity which
any good shop will have). 9" resawing is beyond the reach of a 10"
ts.

Really? I haven't had a problem with it. Just flip the stock. I do
it all the time. Much quicker, no issue with blade tracking.

Powermatic Model 66 Table Saw Model: 66 specs Blade Diameter (in): 10
Arbor Diameter (in): 5/8 Max. Depth of Cut (in): 3-1/8 (in).

For a 9" piece that leaves you w/ 2" in the middle you now have to do
with something else (like a bandsaw, maybe? ).

W/ a decent bandsaw and a resaw blade, blade drift is no issue.

Post this question on rec.woodworking and I'd bet the bandsaw would be
the choice 10:1.

blush Of course you're right. For some reason, I kept thinking 6" instead
of 9" for the rip. It was one of those kinda evenings.

--
Dave
efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."