Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_2_] HeyBub[_2_] is offline

Default Building a deck that can be disassembled?

mm wrote:
Originally I started thinking about tearing the deck apart and
wondered if I could then renail in the same holes. Maybe if I spent
enough time at it, but noow I think screws would go a lot faster and
be a lot better.

Thanks Smitty. The thing about the footings is just the sort of thing
I wanted to be reminded of.

And thanks Bub. I guess I thought stainless would look pretty, and
galvanized would look so-so.

You're welcome. I suggested galvenized simply because of the price. You can
still make 'em look pretty by dipping the heads in paint before screwing
them in. When I built a gate for the cedar fence I painted the lag bolt
heads black. Looks nice - sorta like wrought-iron - and matches the hinges
and latch.

I'd go with red paint (with red washers), but you could use silver and claim
the bolts were stainless...