Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Supporting Cast Iron DWV Pipe

Wayne Whitney wrote:
Hello,

I'm planning to do a 25' run of 2" cast iron pipe between floor joists
and am thinking about how to properly support it. There are pipe
hangers that I could use to support it from above, so I would have to
attach these to the subfloor. I was wondering if instead there is a
type of support I could use that would attach to the joists on either
side. Something like the expandable bar support on a fan-rated
ceiling electrical box. Any suggestions or pointers?

Just plumbers' tape (the perforated metal strapping) would work fine as
long as use adequate fasteners.

But, one has to ask why, in this day and age one would use cast iron?