Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Snow Seeding - (Lawn care)

On Apr 9, 11:08*am, "S. Barker" wrote:
*BTW#1. *I'd be setting some concrete posts or very large rocks on that
edge. *When he rips that blade OFF the truck one time, he'll learn where the
curve is.

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

BTW...he also suggested a technique I do use now. I live on a curve
and the snow plow tends to rip up the front edge of my lawn. No sense
spending money on good seed, so I just use an annual in the 3 foot
strip that the plow ruins every year.

.

I'd be setting some concrete posts or very large rocks on that
edge.

Town plows road. Town owns front of lawn and driveway. All
obstructions must be 10 feet from edge of blacktop.

If my daughter's portable basketball hoop is near the road when they
do their Fall drive-by inspections, I get a letter from the town
reminding me of the 10 foot set-back rule.

Besides...it's such a narrow street that if they did not plow it as
wide as they do you probably couldn't get through by the end of
winter.