Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Energy savings of a ' fridge

wrote

late 80's vintage side by side 24cft Fridgidare, it costs $305
to run, a new energy star unit would cost $90. I also tried using
the typical side by side, late 80's, 24cft option. That comes up
with $397 vs $95.

Yup. As I replace stuff, it's all energystar. Being in an older house,
I've had to replace quite a bit over time. Then again, we bought in 1995 so
thats reasonable.

Oh my chest freezer is energy star g. At highest KWH rate I could find,
came out with 7$ a month but thats peak California brown-out day rates.
Actual rate here comes up with 48$ a year roughly.