Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Energy savings of a ' fridge

On Apr 9, 10:12�am, ransley wrote:
On Apr 9, 7:21�am, " wrote:

the energy use requirement from 10 years ago has changed a lot........

so a new fridge is likely twice as efficent as a low end 10 year old
energy piggie.

they fail to note the wasted heat helps warm your home in the winter.
but does add is summer heat load and cooling if you have AC

Warm your home? �How about waste your money, part of the savings is
better foam insulation, since my electric is 30% more per BTU than gas
why would I want to pay more for heat, I bet you dont use CFLs either.

all standby electric use, tvs, clock radios, cable boxes, computer
even in idle mode generate some waste heat that helps heat your home
in the winter. energy star savings isnt 100%

nearly all my lamps are CF, except one in attic thats rarely used, and
a couple in fixtures that wouldnt accept CF. i modified my living room
lamps to accept CFs..........

specifically to save energy they are on a lot.......