Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom Lachance Tom Lachance is offline

Default Alternative to copper tubing for lpg

Jeff Dieterle wrote:
I will be installing quite a bit of copper tubing. Probably a 60' run of
3/8" hi-pressure run and several normal pressure 1/2" runs in the
neighborhood of 50-75 feet and possibly a 3/4" run of 25 feet or so (large
tankless water heater).
Wondering if there is a lower cost do-it-yourself alternative to copper
tubing. I installed underground plastic tube supplied by LPG dealer and they
came out to install the fittings and terminate it to the tank and regulator.
They way I get it the plastic fitting is a proprietary system that requires
some special connectors, tools and training. Even if this stuff was adequate
for indoors use, by the time I paid for the tube, fittings and the service
man to install all the connectors I'm back at the price of copper.

I'm suprised no one mentioned CSST (corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing).
With the high price of copper, it's worth looking into.