Posted to alt.home.repair

Default woodworking/millwork question

On 4/8/2008 6:41 PM Edwin Pawlowski spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message

Why is 3/4" such a thin slice?

I guess it's not really. And to reply to another comment up above, yes, I
would say this would want to be done on a good 18" or larger saw.

You must be kidding. I'd do that on my Jet 14" saw all day long and have
near perfect cuts ready for the planer to finish. I'll even do it for free
if I can have the other 1"+ left over. Want .25? I can do that too. Want
.125? Yep, I've done it, as can anyone with a decent blade and well set up
saw.

OK, I believe you. But do you still say you can do all this, now that
the OP has told us that the wood is ipe? That stuff is harder than hell.

If the answer is "yes", then you must have one finely-tuned bandsaw, and
I congratulate you on that.

conversation with the average voter.

- Attributed to Winston Churchill