Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_6_] SteveB[_6_] is offline

Default Gorilla Tape

"Red Green" wrote in message
"SteveB" wrote in
:

"Red Green" wrote in message
"SteveB" wrote in news:nkhtc5-bd72.ln1
@news.infowest.com:

Any good?

Steve

You actually have a gorilla to tape up?

For fun, I actually prefer double face carpet tape. Avoid areas with
hair unless you like a lot of screaming. Yer welcome. Have fun.

Steve

Around here in Ft Bragg they tape up the "new guys" as a welcome. That
tape is sticky. Probably cost us more than you wanna spend.

Gorilla tape or double face? I worked conventions for years and years.
Double face was available for the taking, and copious amounts were thrown
away. Now that I don't work there any more, I am finding out what it really
costs.

What I miss most is "gaffer tape." I taped down electrical extensions in my
garage that are five years old now, and look new. Don't know what that
stuff is, but it is GOOD. Didn't get a lot of it, as the stagehands were
pretty picky about the stuff. I can see why. Good ****.

I also miss the copious amounts of 2" clear tape that was left laying
around. When we cleared the floor, it was sinful the stuff we just piled up
to go to the dumpsters. In the old days, we could take a lot of stuff. At
the end, you weren't supposed to take anything that wouldn't fit in your
lunch box. If you had some juice, though, you could get some bigger
"stuff". Carpet pieces, parts of displays, items exhibitors had sold to
you, etc. Like anywhere, it was who you knew.

Steve