Posted to alt.home.repair

Default One More Question Re House Circuit Breakers, Please ?

On Apr 8, 8:15�pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 4/8/2008 7:39 AM spake thus:

breakers trip from heat, my theory is contacts degrade a little, heat
and make things more sensitive.

Ah, so it's another hallerb "theory". We can safely ignore it in that case..

conversation with the average voter.

- Attributed to Winston Churchill

no i report what westinghouse breaker design engineers told me........

they would change with age so they were made more sensitive to trip on
less current than designed........

this was better than starting a fire..

i happened to be there one day when they were testing knock off
westinghouse breakers, made in mexico. looked just like the ones they
produced from the outside.

when taken to 120% of rated current they exploded, a real fireball.
these breakers were high voltage distribution ones

so has anyone found a breaker that wouldnt trip other than FPE stab
lock??