Posted to alt.home.repair
Duff[_2_] Duff[_2_] is offline

Default Will Liquid Nails bleed through composite marble window sills?

Yes, the hand cleaner is nice, but the adhesive is better:

http://www.naturalhandyman.com/iip/infadh/infgoo.html

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 06:03:49 -0700 (PDT), Big_Jake
wrote:

On Apr 8, 7:29 am, Duff wrote:
On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 18:01:26 -0700 (PDT), Doc
wrote:

The guy at Home Depot said that if I use Liquid Nails to adhere my
window sills - which he said are some kind of composite marble, not
true marble - directly to the exposed wood frame of the window, over
time it will bleed through and become visible in the shape that it's
applied. His assertion was that I should nail lathe to the frame and
use thinset for the sills.

Thoughts?

I use clear silicone and Goop for everything. Never had a failure or
bleedthru yet.

Goop is a hand cleaner!

http://www.goophandcleaner.com/

JK