Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cod Roe Cod Roe is offline

Default Baxi Eco 80 Fault

geoff wrote:

Assuming that you are getting a spark and GV operating, i.e. that there
is a flame to sense ...

Yes, there is a flame to sense.

1) pcb - unlikely from what you have said above

I'm not paying for another one to test that further!

2) break in the wire from the electrode to the pcb (are you really
getting 5uA ?) the only way I know of reliably testing the lead is to
give it a tug at both ends to see if the wire is attached to the connector

I have checked the resistance from tip to spade with a multimeter and
all is fine.

3) Electrode not in the flame

The thing is rigidly fixed, though slightly off the flame, and the
boiler just failed in service without anyone having been near it for
months, so I doubt it had moved. Anyway, I measure a current once it
lights.

4) bad earthing

The earthing hasn't changed, but could you elaborate? Water and gas
primary bonded to the boards riser, and the ring main earth is fully
functional.

5) Live and neutral transposed (unlikely unless you have recently done
some electrics)

Had that some months back, when the plumber had kindly put both ends the
wrong way round, how anyone can do blue to brown and brown to blue
without feeling guilty I don't know.

I checked the gas valve with a manometer and it seems to be delivering
full pressure.

About to give up on this one, and maybe get a Worcester Bosch Greenstar
30Si to replace it, anyone got any comments or suggestions for a better
machine?