Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Will Liquid Nails bleed through composite marble window sills?

Big_Jake wrote:

On Apr 8, 7:29 am, Duff wrote:

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 18:01:26 -0700 (PDT), Doc
wrote:

The guy at Home Depot said that if I use Liquid Nails to adhere my
window sills - which he said are some kind of composite marble, not
true marble - directly to the exposed wood frame of the window, over
time it will bleed through and become visible in the shape that it's
applied. His assertion was that I should nail lathe to the frame and
use thinset for the sills.

Thoughts?

I use clear silicone and Goop for everything. Never had a failure or
bleedthru yet.

Goop is a hand cleaner!

http://www.goophandcleaner.com/

JK

I think he meant one or the other - if it isn't a clear silicone job, it
must be a goop job. I use clear
silicone for everything, but have never tried goop. Favorite tool is
razor-blade scraper....takes off
clear silicone, burn on grease, old tape residue, etc. Mebbe I should
try goop? )