Posted to alt.home.repair
.. .. is offline

Default Basement Drywall Glued On?

The foam helps to serve as a vapor barrier to keep condensation from
forming between the drywall and the foundation. The safety
consideration would be covering the foam, which is flammable, with
drywall.

I'm doing a project to finish part of my basement and cemented 2-inch
thick extreded foam to the cement walls. However, I'm installing a 2X4
frame before I put up drywall, because I want to be able to mount some
nice cabinets in the laundry area.

Dean

On Apr 6, 5:22*pm, wrote:
Thanks for the advice. *Finishing it so that if it ever does become a
problem is a great idea.

Just FYI, I'm sure there aren't furring strips. *I put in a long
finish nail every inch for two feet and hit nothing. *I haven't
checked the local code, but our home inspector was great so I'm sure
he would have mentioned anything out of sorts.

I definitely don't WANT to pull it off, but I guess I'd rather pull it
off now than 5 years from now. *Overall, it feels solid. *There are a
two corners that have come loose a little but they are in out-of-the-
way places that won't be exposed after I frame it.

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond. *I truly appreciate it!