Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default cordless drill opinion

Esther & Fester Bestertester wrote in
obal.net:

I'm in the market for an 18V cordless drill. I was looking at
http://tinyurl.com/2g9bkl and was wondering if anyone has it and
could give me their opinion.

Thanks,
bonnie jean

Look closely at the lithium-ion (Li-Ion) battery drills. These will be
as powerful (comparing like voltages, of course) as the NiMH and NiCd
drills but lighter.

One really nice feature of the Li-ion system is that it retains a charge
for many months in storage. The two other battery chemistries both have
self-discharge rates that deplete the pack by the next time you want to use
it,and then you have to spend an hour or more recharging a pack.

Ryobi makes a nice tiny (green!) 12v drill for $80 I've seen at Home
Depot. Milwaukee and Rigit also make small drills.

Ridgid,you mean.

I suggest looking at these before buying to see if they are a big
advantage for your (small) hands. :-)

Good luck,
FBt

--