Posted to alt.home.repair
RC RC is offline

Default Experience with "Direct Buy?"

I get a different impression. I think the marketing is aimed at those
who think they breathe better air and are above mingling with the
masses. To solve all that you join your own little club called "direct
buy" reserved for special people just like you..

I could see how that might appeal to some people.
On the whole however I've never understood these buying clubs - like
Sam's for instance. I know the answer is always MONEY, but it seems
to me a place like Sam's (I think Costco might be another example of
the clubs) would make more money if they did away with the membership
fee and exclusivity and just let everyone shop there.

Also re you comment about mingling with the masses, I think that is
also the main difference between many restaurants. I consider myself
a college educated blue collar worker, yet I am occasionally willing
to pay more money so I will not have to eat with the "masses."
I like the idea of being able to take the family to a restaurant where
people actually shower and dress nicely before going. I like the idea
of being able to eat a meal without having to look at grungy people or
someone with a hat on or a T-shirt of two pigs having sex with a
caption that states "Making Bacon."
I decided this when I went to eat at a place where you get up and go
get your food Buffet Style. When I came back there were 2 kids
climbing on my table rolling little cars on the plates. And as I sat
down to eat I saw this guy with open wounds on an arm from his wrist
up. I said "This is the last time."

And as far as shopping, the last time I went to Wally's World, I
passed this woman that looked like she got up in the middle of the
night to go to the john and decided to come shopping (except it was
5pm) She had on what looked like a nightgown, a house coat, curlers
in her hair and bedroom slippers that looked as if they had competed
in several marathons. And she had this Star Trek looking device
attached to her ear. I once saw this mother and teenage daughter
while shopping. They both were dressed the same and both had cell
phones and were talking a mile a minute ( I assume to someone else.)
Kind of made me feel bad because I don't have people that I can talk
to 24/7.
Maybe I should call up a crises hotline next time I go shopping so
I'll look important.
And lastly, once while shopping the cashier was one the phone the
entire time she rang me up. Then she told the person she was speaking
with that she had to go so she could finish ringing "me" up.
I told the girl I was sorry for making her get off the phone and she
just said "Don't worry about it."

So yeah, I might be willing to pay more if I didn't have to deal with
stupid people.

Ronald C.
"I use to own Kit the car.""