Posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.activism,alt.energy,alt.home.repair
BobR BobR is offline

Default Oil chiefs say high prices not our fault

On Apr 6, 11:31*am, David Hartung wrote:
Kurt Lochner wrote:
David Hartung wrote:
Kurt Lochner wrote:
David Hartung wrote:
NotMe wrote:

It was a manufactured shortage. *Check the re-commission permits on
decommissioned storage tanks in closed services stations. *Check the jump in
the number of fuel barges build for fuel transport. *Happened to be FAR
beyond the number of boats available to move them. *HINT most went for dead
storage of fuel.

More than one refinery almost closed because they did not have any place
left to store the output.

Want to guess how much crude was moved from terminals in *La and TX into the
Gulf of Mexico beyond the 12 mile limit and returned as 'imported oil' that
was not under price controls?
You can support this claim?
Why do you think he can't, David?

--Hrmmm?..
I don't know that he can't, I am asking.

I see that you're again dodging a simple question about the basis
for your opinion(s) regarding this matter.

In this thread, I have expressed no opinion, rather I am seeking
information.

Can you support it?

To a certain extent, though 'resources' for that information
are somewhat limited. *Unfortunately for you, the oil companies
have an established record of corrupt business practices by
energy companies, such as Enron, to 'artificially' inflate the
price of 'energy'..

The please provide the support.- Hide quoted text -

Can't say that I agree with the "corrupt business practices" statement
but there have been some isolated cases. More to the point might be
some really bone headed business decisions. Shell Oil is a good
example of that very point. Few years back Shell decided that the
West Texas Gathering system was on the decline and it would be an
advantagous time to unload it while they could maximize the value.
The West Texas Gathering system (pipeline) was the primary source for
their Deer Park Refinery. Deer Park was dependent on a light sweet
crude that was the main product of west Texas.

The CEO of the pipeline division decided it would benefit the company
(or was it to benefit his retirement?) to unload this pipeline which
he did. What he didn't think about was what would happen to the
feedstock that Deer Park was dependent on. The new ower of the
pipeline and gathering system immediately pulled the operations and
accounting out of Shell. It also hooked up a new pipeline to its own
refinery in another part of the state and subsequently shut down the
flow to Deer Park. The end result...Deer Park had to be shut down for
quite a while and major modification made to try and revamp the
refinery for a different crude.

Dumb business decisions are not corrupt business practices just dumb
and all companies make them. For the most part, oil companies are
just organizations made up of thousands of honest people trying their
best to do a good job. Within every organization there will be a few
bad apples that can give the entire organization a bad rap. Enron was
just such an organization. The majority of employees at Enron were
honest hard working employees that didn't deserve what happened to
them. They were just as much victims as were the consumers that the
were victimized by the actions of a few.