Posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.activism,alt.energy,alt.home.repair
BobR BobR is offline

Default Oil chiefs say high prices not our fault

On Apr 6, 11:45*am, Kurt Lochner
wrote:
David Hartung wrote:

Kurt Lochner wrote:

David Hartung wrote:

NotMe wrote:

It was a manufactured shortage. *Check the re-commission permits on
decommissioned storage tanks in closed services stations. *Check the jump in
the number of fuel barges build for fuel transport. *Happened to be FAR
beyond the number of boats available to move them. *HINT most went for dead
storage of fuel.

More than one refinery almost closed because they did not have any place
left to store the output.

Want to guess how much crude was moved from terminals in *La and TX into the
Gulf of Mexico beyond the 12 mile limit and returned as 'imported oil' that
was not under price controls?

You can support this claim?

Why do you think he can't, David?

--Hrmmm?..

I don't know that he can't, I am asking.

I see that you're again dodging a simple question about the basis
for your opinion(s) regarding this matter.

Can you support it?

To a certain extent, though 'resources' for that information
are somewhat limited. *Unfortunately for you, the oil companies
have an established record of corrupt business practices by
energy companies, such as Enron, to 'artificially' inflate the
price of 'energy'..

--In particular, decreasing refinery capacity of late..- Hide quoted text -

There are many factors in the refinery capacity equation that are not
entirely within oil company control. Federal and State regulations
have made it almost impossible to build new refineries or in some
cases add capacity to existing units. Refineries are very dependant
on specific grades of crude oil and are not easily addaptable to
differing grades. When the specific crude grades are not available,
the refinery can not operate. Now we are seeing requirements for
different formulations in different parts of the country that make it
even more difficult for the refinery to produce at capacity. Add to
that the "Not in my backyard!" mentality of the public throughout the
country and we are getting what we asked for.