Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Dead Electrical Circuit Troubleshooting

wrote:
Hello guys,

I've got a dead circuit in my house. I tested the output of the
breaker, and it's fine. I have also done some research, which
indicates that a tripped GFI outlet could cause the problem, however,
I removed the GFI that's on the dead circuit, and there is no power
going to the GFI even. None of the lines, on that circuit, that I've
located in my house are hot.

Does anyone have some additional troubleshooting ideas?

Thanks,

Trevor

Hmmm.
Logic tells me if there is power at point A and no power at point B.
Guess what? Something wrong between point A and B? You measure votlage
between neutral and hot wires. Again logic tells me there is continuity
problem oon either or both wire between point A and B.