Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT; Answering mach for 6 rings?

On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 09:54:04 -0400, "Charlie Bress"
wrote:

"nick hull" wrote in message
.. .
I need an answering machine that won't pick up until the 6th ring (at
least). The only ones I find pick up on the 2nd or 4th ring, i can't
get to the phone that fast and most people hang up as soon as they hear
the recording. Any ideas on where to find a machine that waits longer
to pick up?

I have decided that if the caller declines to leave a message, they did not
consider the call important.

And so do I.

Charlie

I have caller ID, and if it shows any of:

1. blocked CID
2. unknown name/number (unless I'm expecting such a call)
3. toll-free (one I don't recognize and want)
4. business name (one I don't recognize and want)
5. business or person known to be annoying

I let the machine get it. There's almost never a message.

I am on the national Do Not Call list, but this catches most of the
exceptions. I pick up the phone if it seems to really be an important
call.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"So far as I can remember, there is not one word
in the Gospels in praise of intelligence."
--Bertrand Russell