Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kevin Poole Kevin Poole is offline

Default Liquid PTFE cure time?

Styx wrote:
Ed Sirett wrote:
On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 19:28:51 +0100, Styx wrote:

Anyone have any idea what the approximate cure time for "No Nonsense"
liquid PTFE is?

I've started using this. It's not a easy to use as the Loctite product
which has a nice bellows style squeezable container.

Agreed: I resorted to trying to balance it upside down on its cap
between uses because it's so viscous.
snip

Thanks, Ed. Yes, I agree that it's not very easy to use.

Well, after about 18 hours it doesn't seem to have cured at all -- to be
fair, it was pretty cold last night so that's possibly had an effect on it.

AIUI, it hardens in some metal-catalysed way, so in the confines of a
joint it may well have cured. The other implication of this is that it
would be no use hoping to use it to seal plastic to plastic.

I used it for almost all of the appropriate joints in a complete ch
installation, and was very impressed. Not a single leak, even from the
usually difficult valve tail to radiator joints. I did some of these
without ptfe tape, and some with it (where the valve threatened to
disappear entirely into the rad), but all were successful.

--
Kevin Poole
****Use current date to reply (e.g. )****