Posted to uk.d-i-y
Styx Styx is offline

Default Liquid PTFE cure time?

Ed Sirett wrote:
On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 19:28:51 +0100, Styx wrote:

Anyone have any idea what the approximate cure time for "No Nonsense"
liquid PTFE is?

I've started using this. It's not a easy to use as the Loctite product
which has a nice bellows style squeezable container.

I would have said that used in the right place you need not worry about
setting time. Used to do tricks (like setting screwed elbow fitting at
the right position as opposed to tight) you might need it to leave it a
day to harden.

Thanks, Ed. Yes, I agree that it's not very easy to use.

Well, after about 18 hours it doesn't seem to have cured at all -- to be
fair, it was pretty cold last night so that's possibly had an effect on it.

I'll take another look at it later today to see how it's going.

Styx