Posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.activism,alt.energy,alt.home.repair
mg mg is offline

Default Oil chiefs say high prices not our fault

On Apr 5, 8:06 am, wrote:
On Apr 5, 7:16 am, mg wrote:

On Apr 1, 6:34 pm, wrote:

Oil chiefs say high prices not our fault

By H. JOSEF HEBERT, Associated Press Writer 1 minute ago

. . .

"On April Fool's Day, the biggest joke of all is being played on
American families by Big Oil," Rep. Edward Markey, D-Mass., said,
aiming his remarks at the five executives sitting shoulder-to-shoulder
in a congressional hearing room.

"Our earnings, although high in absolute terms, need to be viewed in
the context of the scale and cyclical, long-term nature of our
industry as well as the huge investment requirements," said J.S.
Simon, senior vice president of Exxon Mobil Corp., which made a record
$40 billion last year.

. . .

On October 10, 2002, Rep. Edward Markey, and others, voted for HJ RES
114, the Iraqi War Resolution. As a result, George Bush destroyed
Iraq's government and it's infrastructure and took them back to the
stone age, thus insuring that Iraqi will not be able to develop it's
vast oil resources for a long, long time to come. And also insuring
that Bush and his oil Nazis will be laughing all the way to the bank
for a long, long time to come.

The biggest joke of all didn't occur on April Fool's day. It occurred
on October 10, 2002 when Rep. Edward Markey voted for the Iraq War
Resolution.- Hide quoted text -

OK, after all the emotion, time for a reality check. Iraqi oil output
is now in the range of 2.3 to 2.5mil barrels per day. Before the war,
it was at 3mil and their record was 3.5mil. Hardly the picture
painted above, so who's the biggest joke now? Also, it's quite
amusing how Bush gets blamed by the loonies for having sinister
motives for everything. In the case of oil, it's now Bush's fault
both ways. Usually, it's that the motive for the Iraq war was to get
their oil. This time, it's that it was to eliminate their oil.

Iraq oil output hits a new high

Iraq is aiming to overtake rival oil producer Saudi Arabia
Oil production in Iraq has hit its highest level since former leader
Saddam Hussein was ousted in 2003.
Production has risen to 2.5 million barrels per day (bpd) from a
steady 2 million bpd during the US-led invasion, Iraq's new oil
minister said.

Hussain al-Shahristani added that production was expected to rise to
2.7 million bpd by the end of the year.

"We have been able to break records," he said of the government, which
has been in place for just over a month.

Before the war, output was around 3 million bpd, peaking at a record
of 3.5 million bpd.

Iraq, by some estimates, has as much or more oil reserves as Saudi
Arabia and as long as the Bush family has it's way, Iraq will never
get the chance to develop and produce that oil in high quantities.