Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_2_] HeyBub[_2_] is offline

Default OT; Answering mach for 6 rings?

nick hull wrote:
I need an answering machine that won't pick up until the 6th ring (at
least). The only ones I find pick up on the 2nd or 4th ring, i can't
get to the phone that fast and most people hang up as soon as they
hear the recording. Any ideas on where to find a machine that waits
longer to pick up?

1. Get a caller-id display and call them back.
2. Sign up with an answering service.
3. Your telephone company may offer call messaging and it might have a
variable delay.

If I call someone and they don't answer by the second or third ring, I hang
up anyway.

If, by chance, I get an answering machine, I stutter "Oh god, I really
wanted to take to the suicide-prevention hotline..."