Posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.activism,alt.energy,alt.home.repair
SteveB[_6_] SteveB[_6_] is offline

Default Oil chiefs say high prices not our fault

wrote in message
On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 16:54:46 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Yeah, another urban myth resurfaces. The tankers waiting offshore
myth was widely circulated, investigated and dismissed as nonsense 3
decades ago. There was gas everywhere again when the Arabs lifted
the embargo. Simple as that.

... and that happened the same day the government lifted price
controls. The gas was here the next day. I suppose they air freighted
it in.

It's possible. We were working in Abu Dhabi, and the well casing was
figured wrong, and we were one joint short. So, they air freighted one
sixty foot long thirty six inch diameter one and one half inch wall
thickness piece of well caisson from Houston to Abu Dhabi.. It's possible
to air lift just about anything.

Steve.

But I don't think they air freighted the gas you mentioned.