Posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.activism,alt.energy,alt.home.repair
neoconis_ignoramus neoconis_ignoramus is offline

Default Oil chiefs say high prices not our fault

On Apr 3, 4:41*pm, VRWC Destruction Machine
wrote:
George Grapman wrote in crayon...

SteveB wrote:
The oil companies make 8 cents a gallon. *Various governments tax it over a
dollar a gallon. *Do the math, you ****ing genius.

Steve

* So why do the companies show record profits?

Record sales, you idiot. If you flipped 50 Burgers on your shift one
day and you flipped a 100 burgers the next day. It stands to reason
your fast food restaurant made more the second day. The reason why you
don't know that you might not have been elevated from the take out
window.

It's a shame your lemonade stand didn't make any profit, Curious
George.

-

Mitchell Holman thinks he is the greatest thing on
Usenet since Muhammed al Gore invented the Internet.
If Usenet revolves around Mitchie-Boy Holman why
won't he answer a simple question?

Who gives a rat's ass who Mitchell Holman is?

Um, nitwit, as I posted earlier, XOM's profit margins have almost
doubled in the last 10 years. DOUBLED. Know that that means,
nitwit?

Oh, as an added bonus, Operating Margin and ROE have MORE THAN DOUBLED
in that same timeframe. You have any clue what that means, nitwit?
Why, of course you don't.

Your assertion that XOM's profts are a result of more sales is
patently ****ing false, but then again, most everything you write is
false, because it's based on uninformed kook conjecture or factoids
spewed from your repuke sources of "information".

http://quicktake.morningstar.com/Sto...USA&Symbol=XOM

Year Net Inc. Margin
1998 6,370 5.41%
1999 7,910 4.26%
2000 17,720 7.61%
2001 15,320 7.18%
2002 11,460 5.60%
2003 21,510 8.72%
2004 25,330 8.50%
2005 36,130 9.75%
2006 39,500 10.46%
2007 40,610 10.04%

I'll post it again for your stupid ass. Do try to decipher this
time.