Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default PurWater water-filter. Any good? A "best buy"?

On 3 Apr 2008 21:39:37 -0400, (David Combs) wrote:

The other day, in Costco, I saw a bunch of Purwater
water-filters (for eg glasses of water -- screws onto
kitchen-sink faucet -- manual turn-on for filtered
water, then switch back off again.

Anyone know anything about it?

Which one? Their web site has several:
http://www.purwater.com/#/faucets

How good at getting all the bad-stuff?

Nope. Fluoride, for one, requires a filter that starts around $150. But
then your water supply may not have fluoride added.

I see the 2-stage one only reduces lead and chlorine. The 3-stage one is
better at getting these out.

Any chance of getting all the medical drugs that
people pee out and ends up in reservoir and then
in my faucet?

Only with reverse osmosis, which entails a permanent installation under
your sink.

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).