Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Are we the only ones getting screwed ?????

In article ,
wrote:

Trains make sense here where the right of way already exists, the
track is in reasonable condition and the population centers are very
close together. That eliminates about 90% of the US geography.

yeah but not near 90% of the metric that is important.. number of
trips. Most interstates are mostly populated by area residents not by
people going large distances. You could (at least in theory) take many
people off the road with a good system. Also some interstate. I'd love
to be able to get to Louisville or Cincy or Chicago from Indy by other
than car or plane.