Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_6_] SteveB[_6_] is offline

Default Maytag MAV6000 Very noisy when spinning

"vincom" wrote

I HAD TO REPLACE THE SPIN BEARING ON MY MAYTAG ATLANTIS WASHER MAV9750,
it was making a loud noise during sin cycle, like a bad bearing would
make, jet engine kind of noise,

I had one like that. It would bounce and gyrate all over the place. We
were honeymooners at the time. One day, we tried the Big Nasty with her
sitting on the machine. Holy Cow! It was incredible, and the noise of the
machine muffled her screams. We enjoyed it for nearly two years, then one
day, it blew the motor mounts and a couple of other things. Guess it had
its own orgasm. If you have a machine like these, at least try it before
you fix it.

Steve