Posted to alt.home.repair
vincom vincom is offline

Default Maytag MAV6000 Very noisy when spinning

vincom had written this in response to
http://www.www.thestuccocompany.com/...ng-183814-.htm
:

I HAD TO REPLACE THE SPIN BEARING ON MY MAYTAG ATLANTIS WASHER MAV9750,
it was making a loud noise during sin cycle, like a bad bearing would
make, jet engine kind of noise, i did replace the bearing and made a web
site with pictures on how to do it, since it almost takes all the parts
out, it will show you how to get to most of the parts in the machine, and
i also included links for downloading the repair manual, and parts at
appliance parts pros web site
-------------------------------------
wrote:

Hi,
I have a 6.5 years old Maytag Atlantis Washer (MAV6000). Just a few
weeks ago the washer started making lots of noise during spinning cycle
on colours or whites (OK on delicates).
I found some info on the net that suggested replacing Trust Bearings
&
Drive Belt. I bought the parts and replaced them, but it did not fix my
problem (though both parts were very worn, so replacing them may not
have been a bad idea).
I also bought the Service Manual for this washer, so I am learning more
about it.
It seesms to me that the noise is generated by the outer tab hitting
the metal enclousure (not 100% sure). Would this suggest that the
problem has to do with susspension ? The six springs are not tight
enough ?
I have taken the top & front pannels out, and noticed "white
powder"
right at the bottom of the washer, on the suspension housing. Is it
normal ? Perhaps some parts got worned out ?
Any help/ideas will be appreciated.
Cheers.
Hubert

Delivered via