Posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.activism,alt.energy,alt.home.repair
SteveB[_6_] SteveB[_6_] is offline

Default Oil chiefs say high prices not our fault

"OneTwoThree" wrote

its interesting looking at the numbers closely. my question to you is
this: does that 49 cents net profit include the profit of the retail gas
seller? my quick work on the calculator indicate that the 49 cent number
includes profits of several entities along the way. so the 13.5% margin is
not what goes into the "oil company" pocket, but into several different
pockets.

The local Rip and Gyp has always fascinated me. On Monday, they have 10,000
gallons of gas delivered. On Tuesday, there's a war in Outer Karsfarkistan,
and the price goes up 25 cents a gallon, even though the ten thousand
gallons in the ground were bought at the pre Karsfarkistan War price. But,
nonetheless, the price immediately goes up a quarter. Now, peace is
declared in Outer Karsfarkistan, and it still takes three months for the
price to ratchet down. A little.

Fascinating. And yet, some clueless morons whine about oil companies
gouging. They have nothing to do with what the local Rip and Gyp charges no
matter how cheap they bought the gas.

Steve