Posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.activism,alt.energy,alt.home.repair
neoconis_ignoramus neoconis_ignoramus is offline

Default Oil chiefs say high prices not our fault

On Apr 2, 1:01*pm, David Hartung wrote:
neoconis_ignoramus wrote:
On Apr 2, 10:32 am, "OneTwoThree" wrote:
"George Grapman" wrote in message

y.net...

wrote:
On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 09:42:25 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:
The oil companies make 8 cents a gallon. *Various governments tax it
over a dollar a gallon. *Do the math, you ****ing genius.
Bull****
http://www.gaspricewatch.com/usgastaxes.asp
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...8/04/02/MNU7VU....
The oil company executives contended that their record profits last year
were in line with other industries, noting that oil and gas companies
earned an average of 8.3 cents per dollar of sales, compared with 7.8
cents per dollar for the Dow Jones average.
the story is sadly lacking in analysis. for example, is that 8.3 cents the
net profit? let's say it is. what was the net a year ago? two years ago?

I am guessing but confident that the oil company net has no where near
increased at the rate that the retail price of gasoline has, or more
accurately, at the rate that the cost of a barrel of oil has.

You'd be guessing wrong, but hey, that's what you and your slobbering
con friends are good at.

XOM's net income and profit margins over the last 10 years below.
Notice anything, nitwit? *That's riiiggghht - a player in a mature,
purportedly competitive industry has managed to doulbe its profit
margin in 10 years.

Do tell us how a restrictive exploration / drilling policy is holding
XOM back again? *I need some good laughs.

Year * * * Net Inc. * * * *Margin
1998 * * * 6,370 * 5.41%
1999 * * * 7,910 * 4.26%
2000 * * * 17,720 *7.61%
2001 * * * 15,320 *7.18%
2002 * * * 11,460 *5.60%
2003 * * * 21,510 *8.72%
2004 * * * 25,330 *8.50%
2005 * * * 36,130 *9.75%
2006 * * * 39,500 *10.46%
2007 * * * 40,610 *10.04%

Where did you get this information?- Hide quoted text -

Available anywhere. Try Morningstar.com