Posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.activism,alt.energy,alt.home.repair
MFOgilvie MFOgilvie is offline

Default Oil chiefs say high prices not our fault

On Apr 1, 10:21*pm, "NotMe" wrote:
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

. ..
|| "Jesse" wrote in message

| Elsewhere on Tuesday, many independent truckers parked their rigs and
| others slowed to a crawl on highways to protest high fuel prices.
|
| Wasting fuel to protest high fuel prices. Genius!
| An to be sure the parkers were running those engines to keep amused and
| warm.
|
| Maybe I'm missing something, but truckers have been charging a fuel
| surcharge for a few years now. *Where is that money going? *The purpose of
| the surcharge is to cover the high fuel costs.

Shippers, not truckers have been applying a surcharge. *Little if any is
getting to the independents.

But by the same token, aren't the independents in control of their own
shipping rates? It's reasonable to assume as one's operating costs
increase, the cost of their good services increase accordingly.