Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default garbage disposal

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Dottie wrote:

I have a 5 yr. old Insinkerator (Badger5) garbage disposal. It still
turns - but doesn't grind up anything. Is this about the average age
of a garbage disposal? I will go shopping for one in the next few
days and would like to know whether to get another one like this or
switch to something else.

They should last longer than five years. I see they have a three-year
warranty. Why don't you contact the factory service and see how much to fix
it. To schedule a service call phone 1-800-558-5700, press 2, and enter
your five-digit zip code. It will provide you with the name and phone
number of the factory authorized service agent nearest you.

Fixing it saves the installation cost that comes along with a new one.

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).