Posted to alt.home.repair
Dottie Dottie is offline

Default garbage disposal

I have a 5 yr. old Insinkerator (Badger5) garbage disposal. It still
turns - but doesn't grind up anything. Is this about the average age
of a garbage disposal? I will go shopping for one in the next few
days and would like to know whether to get another one like this or
switch to something else.

My ice maker is giving me problems again so I will probably get a new
one of those while I am in Lowe's. My husband and I are too old to
try to do these jobs ourselves so we are thinking about using a
service called Mr. Handyman. I checked with our local consumer
protection board and they haven't heard of them. We had used a
similar service in the past but it has gone out of business. We got a
coupon from these people in one of the ads that come in the mail.
Shows a license# ... but I will check with license people to make
sure. Anybody on here familiar with these people. They appear to be
nationwide. Thanks.