Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default TOTO toilet. G-Max or Gravity

Harry K wrote:
On Mar 29, 8:54 am, Brent Bolin wrote:
Getting ready to remodel the bathroom. Have heard a lot of good
things about TOTO from this group.

Drake?

What is the difference between G-Max and Gravity?

I have the Drake (I think), can't remember for sure and I don't see it
on there anyplace.

It has the gravity flush. It is _very_ effective but is a bit noisier
than the one I replaced. I don't see any way around a noisy flush.
You can either have quiet and whimpy or a bit noise and effective. Go
for the raised hieght one if it is available. I replaced mine because
it was so low and both of use are now up there in years. Amazing
difference getting up off a reasonable height one.

The Drake comes in ADA height, it's a bit more money.

Look at the Chinese building supply stores as they sell the Toto toilets
for much less than the high-end plumbing fixture stores.

Another recommendation - use a 'waxless' toilet seal. Makes things
much easier and way less messy.

Hmm, do these seal as well as a wax seal?